"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Friday, May 14, 2010

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day

    I believe this is my first time to participate in Garden Blogger's Bloom Day hosted by May Dream Gardens.  This seemed like lots of fun, and I know how much I enjoy seeing what everyone else has blooming. So this is my contribution. I hope you enjoy the show :)
Welcome to my garden. 


Climbing Peace....first blooms for Spring


My favorite Iris, growing near the pond.


My first ever Lupine blooms! Luckily I have lots more on coming.


Backside of an unknown clematis i am trying to get Id'd


Second season for blooms on this gorgeous red Peony. My camera doesnt show the true deep red it really is.


Unknown red rose bud growing at the base of the front porch.


The same red rose opened fully. Again the camera doesnt show the deep jewel tones of this red.


excuse this photo, blogger is screwing up and adding the bottom of another shot to this. This is a picture of my Spiderwort.


This is the first time I have seen this clematis bloom. Now i need to get it Id'd


 This beautiful, old whitish peony is probably my favorite. This shot was taken early this morning before it had a chance to full open.
The next shot shows it opened in full, taken just a few hours later.









8 comments:

  1. Your yard is beautiful! I love your garden gate. It is so inviting. I just want to walk in and visit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks kclily.Your welcome anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy. Just look at those gorgeous roses and peonies.Love the Lupines. I do not think mine are ever going to get big enough to bloom. Slow they are.Maybe I am just impatient LOL!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Lona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lona, i thought lupine's would be taller. But mine is only about 2 foot tall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tammy - your garden blooms look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly lovely blooms in your garden. I hope you will post again. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden gate looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy, do you know the name of that white peony? When we moved here 5 yrs. ago, there was one peony planted in between the east side of our house, along with 3 forsythia, and 8 hydrangea bushes. This house is 33 yrs. old and I've been told that the original owners loved flowers and planted it. Both are deceased now so I can't ask them. It gets crowded out by the hydrangeas in the spring and nobody ever sees it except us when it blooms and we sometimes miss it until we see the petals falling off. When the landscaping guy that does our prunning every year comes in late Fall, I'm going to have him to dig it up for me and plant it in one of the front flowerbeds. I plan to order Red Charm in the Fall and Sarah Bernhardt.

    ReplyDelete